Quick Search

Friday, July 10, 2009

Definition of a "Plop"

Webster's Version: Plop: an intransitive verb; to allow the body to drop heavily -usually down

My Version: a comfortable way to avoid the sharpe pain in my knee joints caused by "It" when lowering my body to a seated position; a moment to recharge physical energy; or how I get on the toilet to take my morning "pee" after I get moving from my morning "limp" Lol!

Today is Friday. I always look forward to Fridays! After a week of juggling the schedules of four children, basketball, dance, medical appointment's, mandatory military functions, work meetings, physical therapy, physical fitness (yuck), grocery store runs, vehicle gas ups, lawn care, house maintenance, house work, haircuts, beauty shops, summer camps, runs back to the grocery store, dinner, baths, bedtime and the most horrific task of all..getting through rush hour traffic to be on time for all of the above. (As I heard on of my co-workers say, "I'd rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a steel hammer!) On Fridays, I know it will be an opportunity for me to find a comfortable place in the house to "plop" and attempt to recover from a hectic week. I say attempt because each weekend I play catch up on the things I was not able to make a priority during the week because "It" just did not leave me with the energy I needed to get it all done.
During this attempt, I walk straight over to the right of our big ol sectional couch, that is my spot, "Mom's Spot", take my uniform blouse off and drop it in the floor. This is where I think I have a compulsive disorder or something. I look at my blouse on the floor, think about picking it up, because I know it needs to be picked up, but I leave it there anyway as my way of saying screw it, it can wait, trying to convince myself there are more important things to get done like plopping myself down, yep you guessed it, I end up picking it up so I don't have to do it later and throw it onto the staircase hoping one of the kids will put it into the laundry. Floor -vs- staircase...what is the difference? I can't see the creepy looking mound sitting in front of me all balled up if it is on the staircase, therefore, I won't pick it up until later. I know the kids will go by it 100 times and it won't bother them..hummm...weird kids, or maybe it's me? Finally, finally, finally I get to "plop!" What a wonderful sigh of relief, the cushions are so soft and bear huggable, cool against my head and neck. I put my feet up on the ottoman, combat boots still on, I just hate bending down to get them off, it's easier to wait until I go upstairs to change all my cloths at once, turn on the television and within five minutes I have my little one pouncing on the couch next to me begging for a snack or something. I don't let her on my lap much anymore, her little limbs pressing against my body intensifies the pain I already have from "It." Well, my peaceful "plop" is over!!!! Throughout the weekend, I find those 5 to 10 minute "plop" sessions help me relax and gain just enough energy to make it through the next demand. Having "It" makes you realize, you have to take things one at a time or your body shuts down, I'm still in a denial phase, or maybe an I hate "It" phase...this is the most difficult for me. I don't like it, I push myself and "It" quickly reminds me with chronic body pain and stiffness that I will slow down, but who has the time for that???? My best guess...Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment